Sunday, January 06, 2008

How I saved My life and My Pasta

Zealous marketers in their evangelical quest to provide people with green giant peas in summers and juicy pulpy mangoes in summers worked very hard. Napoleonic inventors invented tin canning. Rising costs forced the swedes into developing tetra packs. Small Indian stomachs and smaller wallets forced them into developing sachets. Food items underwent a hell lot of value additions.

Wheat was made into many nice shapes. Farfalle , Fusili , Elbow , spaghetti , you name a scrabble heavy word word and they had it. Then they were packed into nice yellow boxes and passed to people.

I too caught one.

Pasta. Cream. Cheese. Milk. Chicken. Mushrooms. Broccoli. Capsicum. Tomatoes. Mint. You name it and i put it in the melting pot of the calorie heavy diet ( isn't heavy diet an oxymoron)

Cooked it well the first two times.But it took ages. What the hell , i was on my way to become the metro sexual male, the man who knew his kitchen.

But then came the third time. Discovered that my pasta box had a small word of caution " Best before January 2008 ". It meant that i couldn't have it as my new year treat. And i realised this at 11 pm , December 31 , 2007.

In the event though we made it it time. The last of the pasta was devoured by 11. 45 pm. A comfortable victory. I had saved my life and my pasta too.

It was a bit like having my cake and eating it too.

Now i realised that while Bedouin's ate dates , Casanova's thrived on them , why salesmen are scared of them . Never ask a cig salesman what happens to them after 3 months.

Nothing absolutely Nothing.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanmay..gr8 posts man ..delectable stuff..the kolkata poem had the cachet of a poet in the making..

Keep it up..
and congo for tata crucible..

10:07 PM  
Blogger Abhishek Ghose said...

Mention the juices too :P the one that we noted had expired when I had come visiting :) Nice post though.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Mavericky said...

read your post only today..greatly written..why you stopped writing now bro??

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home